Mark: A Member of the Royal Worcester Group Palissy England Est.1853 Casual Tableware
Stamp: Palissy England
Palissy was the trade name under which the English firm of A.E. Jones and Sons, of Stoke-on-Trent, marketed their china and pottery. The name was chosen as a tribute to Bernard Palissy, the famous French potter of the 16th century.
The firm was bought out in 1958 by the Royal Worcester group, and in turn the Carborundum company that already owned Spode china and took over Hammersley china in 1972, and then Royal Worcester in 1974. Later pieces are marked Royal Worcester Group, then Royal Worcester Spode Group, but production was undoubtedly still in Longton. From 1982, production of Palissy and Hammersley ranges was merged, until their final demise in 1988.