Egersund Tanc Brun platter
- Materials: ironstone
- Size: 309mm (W) x 220mm (D) x 42mm (H)
- Reference: S21027
- Categories: Ceramic
For more than 132 years, the factory in Egersund supplied the Norwegian people with pottery for all occasions. A/S Egersunds Fayancefabriks Co. had an unusually voluminous production, with a considerable range of models and decors. The factory's extensive production period, mirrors developments within contemporary art and fashion.
The factory was founded in 1847, as Egersunds Potteri. The founder, Johan Feyer, had learned the art of pottery through studies in Newcastle upon Tyne. After a short period, the factory had developed into being the largest producer of stoneware in Norway.
Egersund Fayancefabrik shut down in 1979 and the Dalane Folkemuseum took over the factory's archives and item collection. Today, this gift constitutes the core collection at Egersund Fayancemuseum (Egersund Pottery Museum), which was first established in 1986. In 2010, Egersund Fayancemuseum moved into new, modern facilities in Fabrikkgaten 2, where the old factory was once located.