Palissy Pottery was founded in 1946 in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent and made earthenwares. Prior to this the trade name was used by A. E Jones (Longton) Ltd who began in about 1905 and traded from Palissy Pottery from 1930. In 1958 The Royal Worcester Porcelain Company had bought Palissy. Spode and Royal Worcester merged to form a new company in July 1976 known as Royal Worcester Spode. Palissy was closed in 1989 and the pottery was demolished in August of that year.